The Internet Start Up program is based on cooperation between a participant who submits a legal query and Wierzbowski Eversheds Sutherland, which provides legal advice to the participant free of charge.
In the program, Wierzbowski Eversheds Sutherland provides legal services related to activity involving the Internet or high tech, in a broad sense, regardless of the type of matter.
The scope of free legal advice will depend on the specifics of the project and will be agreed individually with the participant, depending on its needs. Our assistance may include, for example:
- support in selection of the proper organizational structure for the project
- assistance in drafting contracts with programmers and web designers, and licensing agreements
- advice on personal data protection
- advice concerning trademarks and web domains
- support in investor relations
- representation in disputes.
1. Legal assistance may be provided to anyone with a legal problem who registers using the online application (in Polish only). We will respond within one week, indicating whether and when we can address the issue raised.
2. The program is open to all, but we reserve priority for:
- pro bono projects—we want to support those who devote their time and energy to others
- matters of vital professional importance, e.g. cases presenting controversial legal issues.
These are separate priorities. The legal issues raised in pro bono projects need not be controversial, and projects presenting interesting legal issues need not be pro bono.
3. If we decide to take up the matter, we will agree on all of the details with the interested parties individually, but we will handle disputed matters only if there is no conflict of interest.
4. After accepting a matter submitted to us, we will determine what concrete measures we will undertake in the project.
Who is eligible?
The program is open to any Polish entrepreneur whose activity is related to the Internet or high tech, in a broad sense, regardless of the current stage of the project.